Monday, January 5, 2009

Dec 17...Ice skating


The Girl Scout Christmas party was held at the ice rink in The Woodlands. All the girls exchanged the traditional inexpensive ornament, and then got to ice skate. Lacey is very much a part of the group. I thought she believed she was a girl scout, but yesterday she said, "I want to be a Girl Scout." I replied, "Lacey, you are, aren't you?" She said, "No, I don't have the clothes." lol. Now you have to know, I made her some brown shorts from a retired brownie outfit, and she wears a retired brownie shirt. She was referring to the vest and awards. Too smart.

Lacey, Kailyn and Anna at the ice rink in The Woodlands. Anna is one of Kailyn's very best friends. They are only 3 months apart in age!
Kailyn and Anna... Kailyn remained on the sidelines, learning to balance.
Kailyn was having the hardest time until I realized she didn't go up past her ankles in tying her skates. She was so eager to get out there, she just tied them where they were. This pic is after I tied one and was in the middle of working on the other.
Lacey was a riot. She LOVED ice skating!! Here she is with one those cute ice-walkers they have for little ones. 

She got to be rather stingy about that walker. When she got tired, she'd sit across the bar in the front and rest (on the ice) until she was ready to keep going. :) Can you see how big those skates are on her? I wonder how she would have done if they had fit better!
She even went out without the walker. This didn't last long... I had been helping Kailyn, and when I turned to see Lacey, she was out on the ice alone and I kinda gasped. She tried to turn and come back, which made her fall and then she was back to the walker.
Leaving the rink was very sad for Lacey. The rest of us were tired and ready to go. :)

No comments: