Saturday, November 1, 2008

I voted!

I had been putting it off, but I went ahead and voted on the last day of early voting! When I got to the community center, the line was from the community center all the way past the doors to the library. (It was very long!) So the first thing we did was to clean out the car! That mess was driving me crazy. How does that happen?? I think it stems from getting 4 kids into the house and trying not to let Lacey out of my sight long enough to run into the road. I digress... Next we HAD to go to the library and get some books. Afterward, we just got in line and waited. I have no idea how long we were in line. The older 2 just read. Kailyn read out loud to me, and Korbin would show me things here and there from his book. Lacey fell asleep in the library and didn't wake up until we reached the car. Maddox was a happy baby until he fell asleep for quite some time and then woke up scared as we were voting. (I let the kids push the buttons, and had left the stroller a few feet away since we were in a crowded room.)
 The first thing I noticed about this picture is that the boys and girls seem to match. Actually, that wasn't planned. Too funny. I am so glad it went so well. I'm sure it won't always be like that, but every now and then when things go so smoothly, I feel really great about it.
We had a fun Halloween. We didn't do all we had planned, but it turned out simple and that was okay. I had prepared 60 bags of candy. (Small individual bags for trick-or-treaters) We have 6 left over. I'm sure we would have zero if we had not turned out the lights just after 9 o'clock. There were people out late. We got tons of comments on our decorations. I was kinda proud of that. Now to tell the truth...I really hate halloween. I don't like scary things one bit. When the kids pick costumes I don't let them get scary stuff. (Dad is there to balance me out, though.) If I had it my way, they would all be themed, but I don't want Korbin to be embarrassed. So I let them choose. I usually don't decorate, and the decor we have is from my mother-in-law since I'm just too boring to buy anything scary. This year the kids talked me into the spider web stuff. So I stretched it out over our koi pond. Then I changed the lights inside it to red. There were lit skulls lighting the path to the door, and webbing and a spider on the door. Maybe next year we'll add a strobe.
We got to trick-or-treat with some neighbors, and our old neighbors came to trick-or-treat with us too! Becky took a cute picture of the girls all together. 2 cave-girls and 2 princesses. They were so precious! I love that the girls always want to match. I remember never wanting the same thing as my sister. I guess we were just too close in age. But Hannah and Audrey are the same way as far as costumes go... they always match too!

No comments: