Friday, December 12, 2008

Since it has been nearly a month since my last entry, this one is short and sweet. I always forget how busy it gets around the holidays!!

The kids enjoying the fireplace the first time I lit it this year. They are so excited about Christmas. Now the mantle holds the gifts. (Not leaving it to chance the babies opening them up early!!) Since Korbin is so good at guessing his gifts, there's a "no touch" rule. He's already figured out one just by looking... although the specific one eludes him. The kids hung the ornaments. I have let go of the notion that the tree should be "balanced" in ornament placement. I did, however, spread out some of the 15 that Lacey put in an eight-inch diameter! 

Maddox is walking!! He took his first steps on November 14th. He now prefers walking about 70% of the time. Did I mention he's been crawling up the stairs for a couple of months now? He even crawls backwards DOWN the stairs on occasion.
This is Korbin's photo entry for the Cub Scout popcorn photo contest. He is hoping to win one of 100 Nintendo DS game units. (There were 1368 entries. Many of the same scout.) He's so excited about the contest. The odds really aren't bad! (I'd say after weeding out duplicates and shared backgrounds it's more like 1 in 10)


No comments: